Mindsets to Motivate Learners
Keystone Teachers Association (KEYTA) 2016 Summer Conference
The following resources complement a session presented at the Keystone Teachers Association 2016 Summer Conference in Harrisburg, PA on non-cognitive factors that influence student motivation:
Teaching Adolescents to Become Learners, University of Chicago
"This work has value for me."
"My ability and competence grow with my effort."
- Boosting Achievement with Messages that Motivate, Carol Dweck
- The Power of Yet, Glenn Whitman
- The Key to Success? Grit, Angela Duckworth (TED Talk)
- Grit Is More Important than Talent, Jocelyn K. Glei
- The Power of Yet, Sesame Street
- You Failed, Meet the Robinsons
"I can succeed at this."
- Writing Conference - Student and Teacher, Precision Teaching
"I belong in this academic community."
- Got Opportunity?, Russell Quaglia, Kristine Fox, and Michael Corso
- Student Voice and Resilience in Learning, Kristine Fox, Megan Bedford, and Brian Connelly
- My Voice Survey Sample Questions, Quaglia Institute for Student Aspirations